Every once in a while, I try to take a purposeful break from blogging, for a day or a week or an indeterminate amount of time. Sometimes it's to focus on other things. Sometimes it's simply to get work done. But mostly, it's because I get caught. I catch myself checking my blog "stats" to see how many people are reading. I catch myself wishing I had more followers... after all, "they" have 20, and I only have 11. I catch myself coveting more comments from readers. So when I catch myself, I try to make myself take a break. (I don't always listen.) Because I don't blog for the attention (although I have to admit it's been a nice side effect). I don't blog so that others read me. I blog... well... okay. I never thought much about why I blog. I suppose it started as one of those "if they can, I can." I did it just to do it. But it's more than that now. (I just realized this yesterday.) I blog to be a writer. I have alwa...
yes
ReplyDelete