SOL: 25 things
I saw something like this on my second cousin's blog - she wrote 34 things about herself on her 34th birthday (yes, I know my second cousins. I'm Mennonite, after all). It's not my 25th birthday anymore, but here's my fun little list of things you probably didn't know about me (or maybe you did, because we're just that close)...
- When I use a laptop without a wireless mouse, I use both hands - right moves the mouse, left clicks.
- I secretly want to be an American Picker. (Well, obviously not so secretly anymore.) I just think it's so cool to find old stuff and see value in it.
- My favorite TV show (after the current/temporary March Madness) is Parenthood. I watch way too much TV, though.
- I love Girl Scout cookies... but I despise Thin Mints.
- I sometimes still use touch points when doing calculator-free math.
- The first classic I ever read was Wuthering Heights. It's still my favorite.
- I don't like surprises when I know they are coming (as in, I like to know what I'm getting for Christmas) because I'm afraid I won't have an appropriate reaction and will disappoint the gift giver.
- I do like random-for-no-particular-
reason surprises that I don't know are coming but suddenly appear. - I love making lists - and crossing things off lists. Sometimes I write things on my list that I've already done just so I can cross more off.
- I think the world would be a better place if we all used the same format for citations. (It obviously should be MLA, but I would settle for just about anything universal.)
- I wish I had the patience to become an amazing quilter like my Grandma Lu.
- When I was little, I had two of every piece of clothing in two colors, thanks to my sisters.
- Yellow is my favorite color. I convinced my mom to let me paint my bedroom bright yellow in middle school; I still love that room. It's happy. I told Brad we could have a "Jayhawk" bathroom (don't worry, it won't have actual Jayhawks all over the place - just the colors and maybe some photos of the campus) simply because I knew it was the only way I'd get to paint a room yellow.
- I would rather be hot than cold. I hate being cold. I am a wimp.
- Coaching track energizes me. I love the different kind of interactions with kids.
- I love blogs. I could get lost, clicking from one to another, reading the words of people I don't know in real life. (Hey, that's how I found Jody's blog!)
- My dream of being a writer is always at the back of my mind. But I'm not actually working on it.
- I really like post-its.
- I don't really read "grown-up" books much anymore. Young adult novels are just SO GOOD these days.
- I love quotations, like this one... "Reading should not be presented to children as a chore or a duty. It should be offered to them as a precious gift." -Kate DiCamillo
- It's been tough for me to think of 25 interesting things about myself. I've been working on this list all week.
- I buy running shoes with one of three main colors: pink, yellow, or black.
- I buy all my clothes at Maurice's, Target, or Dick's Sporting Goods. That's pretty much it.
- As a child, I spent the majority of my time doing one of two things: playing Barbies or reading.
- I frequently go through my house looking for things to get rid of - purging. There is a big stack of boxes in my basement. Only once in two years have I actually taken something out of the box and put it back in its spot (my dresser).

This is a really cool project to work on. I may give it a go and see how long it takes me! I love both your #19 and #20. I will no doubt steal the quote and share it with colleagues. Thanks for sharing this and sticking with it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list (& post). I can see how it would take a while; your list is so thoughtful. I liked how you included the past, the present, & future (wishes of what might happen). I have never heard of American Pickers before, so you taught me something in # 2, & I love yellow, too, but have recently painted over my yellow kitchen. I miss that sunny room.
ReplyDeleteI love this idea- what could have been an ordinary, boring list was filled with unexpectedly meaningful quirks!
ReplyDeleteI would do a list with one item per year, but 61 items in a list is too long! hmmm
ReplyDelete