don't forget... don't forget...

Just because I don't want to forget this moment today...

One of my students told me yesterday that he struggled with the first part of his assessment. I did my best to encourage him, but there's not much for me to do at this point.

Today, I worried about him. I probably hovered a little too much as he carefully read the passage and selected answers. I walked by his spot in the lab a few too many times.

But then I saw something that warmed my heart. He asked for a piece of scratch paper; I glanced at the screen to see that he was on a question about climax. I brought him one and walked away. A while later, I passed his computer again...

He had sketched out a plot diagram, the climax laid out first, merging into a gentle upward slope of rising action, turning sharply at the climax, easing downward with the falling action to the resolution.

I smiled. And walked away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story