SOL: We Sang
This morning in church, we sang:
There's a wideness in God's mercy, like the wideness of the sea. There's a kindness in God's justice, which is more than liberty.
But we make God's love too narrow by false limits of our own, and we magnify its strictness with a zeal God will not own.
For the love of God is broader than the measures of the mind, and the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind.
I cannot say I have a favorite hymn, but these words speak to me every time. May we be mindful.
text from Hymnal: A Worship Book, #145
There's a wideness in God's mercy, like the wideness of the sea. There's a kindness in God's justice, which is more than liberty.
But we make God's love too narrow by false limits of our own, and we magnify its strictness with a zeal God will not own.
For the love of God is broader than the measures of the mind, and the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind.
I cannot say I have a favorite hymn, but these words speak to me every time. May we be mindful.
text from Hymnal: A Worship Book, #145

Last week we sang several hymns about God's love, including "There's a wideness in God's mercy" also and "The love of God." I learned the second one, and maybe also the first one, at Columbus 2009 in the context of a Pink Menno hymn sing group and every time I hear either one I remember that.
ReplyDelete