SOL: I said I wouldn't...






But I did.

I promised myself I wouldn't go to the fabric store until I finished my current project. I've been working on this black and white quilt for over a year (and a half)... But it was the grand opening of the new JoAnn. And it was my morning off.

So I went. I was anticipating some serious sales - hello? grand opening.

I was sorely disappointed. All I wanted were some fat quarters. Usually, this particular store sells them for $1.99... and they are almost always 30% off.

Not today.

They had one page of coupons - "make your own sale." But if I'm going to buy 20 fat quarters, I don't want to tear apart 20 coupons. You know?

I got rotary cutter blades for 50% off with a coupon. And I ended up with a few fat quarters (which are supposed to be on sale starting next week - really? why not today?) because I was afraid the pretty ones would be gone quickly.

I guess I'll just have to go back over spring break. Darn.

Comments

  1. Love that store. Can't wait to see what you're working on next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't that just how it happens. Frustrating! At least you still had the day off and you were able to enjoy the time even if you didn't get precisely what you were aiming for. Great placement and use of your parentheses and italics. I chuckled as I was reading. Loved the short bursts of fragments. Adds drama to the writing. Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I went there today too and got a couple bolts in my cart but then saw how long it would take to cut what I wanted so I GOT OUT OF THERE!! And I had all three kids with me so....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to stay far, far away from Joann. Too many things to feed my craft addiction!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln says...

SOL: Caught

Give away!