SOL: nothing


Today marks post #26 for the month - I've had a few extras on particularly thoughtful days.

But I have to admit that the slice of life challenge is my only reason for posting today. Not much is happening here today: the dog adoption was yesterday, the plumber comes tomorrow (frozen pipe in the basement - ugh), the dog comes home Thursday...

My spring break has been idyllic so far. I sleep in, do what I want when I want to (for the most part). The wind is keeping me from yard work and window washing, but I don't mind. This afternoon, as boring as it will seem, I am going to work on my paper. I might get around to cleaning off the bookshelves (have I mentioned lately that I love purging?!), and I will be wishing that it were time to plant some veggies in my garden. Tomorrow, the plumber will come so we can water the grass seed - just in time to make the yard muddy for the dog (more about her another day). Friday will slip into Saturday and then it will be time to return to my students for the final quarter of the school year, where it seems we all just hold on for dear life.

Comments

  1. Your break sounds like my February break. It is nice to have a vacation without major plans. It is a time to really chill and just do what you want. I like to think of it as fueling up for a quarter like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story describes a restful week, the everyday written in almost prose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln says...

SOL: Caught

Give away!