26
Facebook tells me that "today is your birthday." Thank goodness. I might have forgotten otherwise. (This is funny because I actually love my birthday wholeheartedly and would never forget it or want to skip celebrating.)
In celebration of my 26th birthday, I am sharing 26 random things about myself, in no particular order other than that in which they occur to me. It seems like a conceited thing to do, but, hey, you read this blog about me. Right?! I did this last spring with 25 random facts. I'll try not to duplicate any, but that might be tough.
1. I love crime shows. Love them. So far, I've watched every season of Law & Order: SVU on Hulu Plus. (Season 13 is now airing.) Now I've started watching Body of Proof and Prime Suspect. Unfortunately, both these shows are in their first season.
2. I never really saw myself as a "crafty" person until this fall. Then, suddenly, I started to find things that "I can make for less." And then it kind of got out of control.
3. My latest pinterest project was this:
I was originally going to make a dry erase calendar, but then I realized that I don't really need a dry erase calendar. I have about 5 calendars. So I made a "creativity/project board" instead. I love it... now I need to put the hanger on it and put it up on the wall.
4. I'm pretty sure I want a Kindle Fire. I hesitate because I don't want to buy all my books, and I don't want to contribute to the death of the physical book and libraries. (Not that I truly believe that's coming anytime soon. It's just a little thought that makes me hesitate.) Right now I really want it to replace the many calendars and notebooks of lists in my life. Streamline...
5. I have a thing for Sharpies. I have a whole bunch, but I wasn't really using them. I've started grading with them - and, even though they bleed through every paper, it makes me happy to be using them.
6. I love being a (high school girls) basketball coach's wife. I think a lot of people don't understand why I go to every game, but I do it because I love it. I love how excited he gets, how completely involved he becomes during the game, how intensely he coaches. (Also... what else am I going to do on a Friday night? Sit at home with the dog? No, thanks.)
I also really love the girls, and the fun relationship I have with them. They are wonderful, sweet, and funny (intentionally and unintentionally).
7. I didn't want a dog. I gave in because Brad really, really wanted one. But I love Jazzy. She's crazy, out of control, and basically a complete mess. And she's affectionate, cute as can be, and loving - the sweetest little mutt you ever did know. She definitely has the "puppy dog eyes" look down.
8. I don't really like to cook. I love to bake, and I don't mind cleaning up the kitchen. But I don't like cooking. Brad does most of the cooking around here, which is great because he's really good at it.
9. I am "abnormally ticklish," in Brad's words. It's terrible.
10. Peanut butter M&M's are my favorite.
11. My favorite children's author is Patricia Polacco.
12.I have too many hobbies. I don't have time to work on any one of them enough. I'm average at a lot of things, but not really good at anything. Regardless, I have no desire to give up any of these hobbies. I like them all. A lot.
13. I like ice cream cake. On my birthday. Every year. This year it's from Coldstone. Amazing...
14. I like not having cable. I don't have any specific reasons for this. I just like it. I still watch more TV than I should, though.
15. I've been working really hard for the past few months to distinguish between "want" and "need," especially when I'm talking about stuff. I am blessed to have the life that I do, and a lot of it has to do with my parents, grandparents, and so on down the line. I am working to focus on gratitude and to remember that, although sometimes there is a lot that I would like, there are not many things that I need... and I pretty much have them all. And to say that I "need" things that are really wants isn't appropriate when there are many people who do need.
16. The longer I'm taking library classes, the more I want to become a librarian.
17. I enter sweepstakes on the Better Homes & Gardens website. I never win. Today I also entered on at Maurice's. I don't win stuff like that, so I never hold my breath.
18. I really want to be the person who remembers friends' birthdays with cards in the mail, but I can't quite get my act together. Maybe this year?
19. I've been thinking about giving up facebook. I'm afraid to lose touch with some friends... but I'm kind of over it. I much prefer blogs and pinterest, and I waste too much time on facebook, anyway. Any thoughts?
20. Even though I sometimes roll my eyes about it, I'm glad that Brad's taken up fishing again. People should have hobbies. It's good for you. (See #12.)
21. I like to browse craigslist for random things. Things I don't need but someday hope to find a great deal on, like a file cabinet, a dining room table and chairs that seats more than four people, a really big rug....
22. It's been my goal to go to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore for at least six months, but I still haven't made it. Someday. There, I will also browse for random things.
23. I think it's hilarious when Brad gets technicals. He can get really worked up and do a lot of yelling at officials, but usually the T's come when he makes snarky little comments, like "I'm not arguing every call. Just the ones you miss." It's so funny.
24. I (secretly) feel a little disappointed when I feel like I've written a really good blog post and nobody comments. But that is a product of my insecurities and my jealousy issues.
25. I might overuse parentheses and ellipses in my writing.
26. Hmm... this last fact should be a great one. My favorite decorating thing we've done in the house so far is the picture collage wall.
Or maybe the dining room. I like that, too. (It's changed a bit since this picture was taken.)
Or maybe... no, just kidding.
I can't believe I came up with 26. This might have to the last year for this tradition. Happy my birthday to you!
In celebration of my 26th birthday, I am sharing 26 random things about myself, in no particular order other than that in which they occur to me. It seems like a conceited thing to do, but, hey, you read this blog about me. Right?! I did this last spring with 25 random facts. I'll try not to duplicate any, but that might be tough.
1. I love crime shows. Love them. So far, I've watched every season of Law & Order: SVU on Hulu Plus. (Season 13 is now airing.) Now I've started watching Body of Proof and Prime Suspect. Unfortunately, both these shows are in their first season.
2. I never really saw myself as a "crafty" person until this fall. Then, suddenly, I started to find things that "I can make for less." And then it kind of got out of control.
3. My latest pinterest project was this:
I was originally going to make a dry erase calendar, but then I realized that I don't really need a dry erase calendar. I have about 5 calendars. So I made a "creativity/project board" instead. I love it... now I need to put the hanger on it and put it up on the wall.
4. I'm pretty sure I want a Kindle Fire. I hesitate because I don't want to buy all my books, and I don't want to contribute to the death of the physical book and libraries. (Not that I truly believe that's coming anytime soon. It's just a little thought that makes me hesitate.) Right now I really want it to replace the many calendars and notebooks of lists in my life. Streamline...
5. I have a thing for Sharpies. I have a whole bunch, but I wasn't really using them. I've started grading with them - and, even though they bleed through every paper, it makes me happy to be using them.
6. I love being a (high school girls) basketball coach's wife. I think a lot of people don't understand why I go to every game, but I do it because I love it. I love how excited he gets, how completely involved he becomes during the game, how intensely he coaches. (Also... what else am I going to do on a Friday night? Sit at home with the dog? No, thanks.)
I also really love the girls, and the fun relationship I have with them. They are wonderful, sweet, and funny (intentionally and unintentionally).
7. I didn't want a dog. I gave in because Brad really, really wanted one. But I love Jazzy. She's crazy, out of control, and basically a complete mess. And she's affectionate, cute as can be, and loving - the sweetest little mutt you ever did know. She definitely has the "puppy dog eyes" look down.
8. I don't really like to cook. I love to bake, and I don't mind cleaning up the kitchen. But I don't like cooking. Brad does most of the cooking around here, which is great because he's really good at it.
9. I am "abnormally ticklish," in Brad's words. It's terrible.
10. Peanut butter M&M's are my favorite.
11. My favorite children's author is Patricia Polacco.
12.I have too many hobbies. I don't have time to work on any one of them enough. I'm average at a lot of things, but not really good at anything. Regardless, I have no desire to give up any of these hobbies. I like them all. A lot.
13. I like ice cream cake. On my birthday. Every year. This year it's from Coldstone. Amazing...
14. I like not having cable. I don't have any specific reasons for this. I just like it. I still watch more TV than I should, though.
15. I've been working really hard for the past few months to distinguish between "want" and "need," especially when I'm talking about stuff. I am blessed to have the life that I do, and a lot of it has to do with my parents, grandparents, and so on down the line. I am working to focus on gratitude and to remember that, although sometimes there is a lot that I would like, there are not many things that I need... and I pretty much have them all. And to say that I "need" things that are really wants isn't appropriate when there are many people who do need.
16. The longer I'm taking library classes, the more I want to become a librarian.
17. I enter sweepstakes on the Better Homes & Gardens website. I never win. Today I also entered on at Maurice's. I don't win stuff like that, so I never hold my breath.
18. I really want to be the person who remembers friends' birthdays with cards in the mail, but I can't quite get my act together. Maybe this year?
19. I've been thinking about giving up facebook. I'm afraid to lose touch with some friends... but I'm kind of over it. I much prefer blogs and pinterest, and I waste too much time on facebook, anyway. Any thoughts?
20. Even though I sometimes roll my eyes about it, I'm glad that Brad's taken up fishing again. People should have hobbies. It's good for you. (See #12.)
21. I like to browse craigslist for random things. Things I don't need but someday hope to find a great deal on, like a file cabinet, a dining room table and chairs that seats more than four people, a really big rug....
22. It's been my goal to go to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore for at least six months, but I still haven't made it. Someday. There, I will also browse for random things.
23. I think it's hilarious when Brad gets technicals. He can get really worked up and do a lot of yelling at officials, but usually the T's come when he makes snarky little comments, like "I'm not arguing every call. Just the ones you miss." It's so funny.
24. I (secretly) feel a little disappointed when I feel like I've written a really good blog post and nobody comments. But that is a product of my insecurities and my jealousy issues.
25. I might overuse parentheses and ellipses in my writing.
26. Hmm... this last fact should be a great one. My favorite decorating thing we've done in the house so far is the picture collage wall.
Or maybe the dining room. I like that, too. (It's changed a bit since this picture was taken.)
Or maybe... no, just kidding.
I can't believe I came up with 26. This might have to the last year for this tradition. Happy my birthday to you!
What are ellipses? I read faithfully but hardly comment.... But I did now!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteEllipses are the ... which is funny since you used one in your comment! :) Yay for comments - I LOVE them (probably too much)!
ReplyDeleteSounds like we have a lot in common: 2, 5, 6, 8, 12, 18. So glad I was your coach's wife because we did have a fun relationship. And here we are how many years later?
ReplyDeleteYou will LOVE a Kindle!
I'm considering the Kindle thing too....can't decide. I like to hold REAL BOOKS, but I think I'd read a lot more if I didn't have to squeeze in trips to the library.
ReplyDelete