adjusting...

Well, we got the official word from my doctor today that baby's new due date is March 19. Yikes! I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow, instead of 15 weeks today.

(This picture is not creepy at all... right?!)

I'm definitely having to adjust my thinking because of this. I'm fortunate enough to get 6 weeks paid leave because I'm in the district's sick bank. The April 15 due date was almost exactly 6 weeks from the end of the school year - perfect enough to take off the rest of the year and come back in August. Or so I thought. Now the probability of going back to work, even if only for a couple of weeks, is overwhelming... even if Brad will definitely be home one week since he's off for a whole week before I am.

(While we're definitely financially stable, we have to consider the fact that we'll be paying for the last nine hours of Brad's degree right about when the baby comes and, possibly, preparing for him to take some unpaid leave to finish his internship. None of this is new news or earth-shattering or negative. Just what we personally have to take into consideration before making decisions.)

Brad says to tell you that this arm is going to throw 95 mph.

Financial thoughts/stress aside, it is pretty darn exciting to think that we are just about 148 days, give or take, (according to our Target registry's countdown) away from meeting our little boy!

Comments

  1. There is not a price tag for a new momma's sanity. I have 2 early March babies (one due March 27 and one due April 30) and didn't go back to work until August :) Also, I have not known you to be someone who makes irrational judgments, so I know you and Brad will make the right decision for your family. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt