20 (tomorrow)
Tomorrow marks the halfway point of this pregnancy. It definitely doesn't feel like I'm that far along, but I suppose there are obvious reasons for that. I'm still kind of at a point where the size of the bump depends on the day...
(This picture is really from Friday, when I was 19 weeks 3 days, or something like that. I made Brad take it because I had on a really trendy outfit. I mean, those are (handed-down) jeggings... way too fashionable for normal Megan. Seriously, though, that's why. Otherwise you'd probably be getting sweats and a hoodie, which doesn't really show the bump very well at this point.)
I have a pretty good collection of maternity shirts from a couple of friends and a few consignment stores. On Friday I ordered a couple pairs of pants from ebay. Gap Maternity, tags on, in my size for $20 (Buy It Now price)? Yes, please. The best part? The pants were delivered today... I guess that's why I paid $6 shipping.
I'm still waiting on the whole "I feel warm all the time because I'm a walking, talking incubator" part of pregnancy. I am cold all the time; I hope it kicks in before winter really starts. I celebrated this morning when I got to work because it felt like the heat was on in my classroom. Unfortunately, by the end of the day the warmth was long gone.
I feel pretty good these days, but I still get sick every once in a while. I'm still running. I have weird dreams but don't remember them as well as before. Hmm... what else?
Oh! Pet peeves... Am I allowed to have a couple of pregnancy-related pet peeves? I hope so... because I definitely do.
(This picture is really from Friday, when I was 19 weeks 3 days, or something like that. I made Brad take it because I had on a really trendy outfit. I mean, those are (handed-down) jeggings... way too fashionable for normal Megan. Seriously, though, that's why. Otherwise you'd probably be getting sweats and a hoodie, which doesn't really show the bump very well at this point.)
I have a pretty good collection of maternity shirts from a couple of friends and a few consignment stores. On Friday I ordered a couple pairs of pants from ebay. Gap Maternity, tags on, in my size for $20 (Buy It Now price)? Yes, please. The best part? The pants were delivered today... I guess that's why I paid $6 shipping.
I'm still waiting on the whole "I feel warm all the time because I'm a walking, talking incubator" part of pregnancy. I am cold all the time; I hope it kicks in before winter really starts. I celebrated this morning when I got to work because it felt like the heat was on in my classroom. Unfortunately, by the end of the day the warmth was long gone.
I feel pretty good these days, but I still get sick every once in a while. I'm still running. I have weird dreams but don't remember them as well as before. Hmm... what else?
Oh! Pet peeves... Am I allowed to have a couple of pregnancy-related pet peeves? I hope so... because I definitely do.
- The word "pooch." HATE it. Seriously. If you read this post and then use it to describe my appearance, I might smack you. It is not comical. Especially if you are trying to make a joke after reading this
rantpost. I will definitely give you a dirty look. I have a pooch; her name is Jasmine. The person who came up with this usage of the word pooch should be punished. I mean, if you want to comment on the size of my abdomen, you might as well say something remotely anatomically correct, like, "It's obvious that your uterus is expanding due to the fetus that is growing inside of you." At least I could laugh at that. And the words don't sound offensive. Or maybe you could comment on how the baby is making his presence known... or tell me how cute my baby belly is. But "pooch"? No. Please. If you love me at all. No. - People who make comments that make me feel guilty about going back to work, both intentionally and unintentionally (either in May or in August). We have many, many reasons for the decisions we've made; if you'd like to know them I'm more than happy to share, just not here. I'm pretty sure this parenting thing is going to be hard enough without me having a complex before our little boy is even here. Thankfully our families are very supportive and understanding.
Wert always liked to say I was heavy with child, since it was Biblical. Not really what I wanted to hear...
ReplyDeleteYou look super cute! I am impressed that you are still running. Way to go! By the way, I got through my 31 weeks of pregnancy, including in the summer, without feeling unusually hot. I did feel like my tolerance for summer heat was lessened, but I was often cold when I was inside. Good news for you though - sweaters look fabulous on pregnant bodies (in my opinion anyway) and you can probably keep wearing your regular cardigans.
ReplyDelete