jam session
My friend Sarah came over yesterday. We made strawberry jam.
Homemade strawberry jam is my favorite. At one point in my childhood I gave up eating jam/jelly because we ran out of homemade strawberry jam - for about three years. I'll now eat peach, too. :) And occasionally some others, when I'm feeling really grown up.
We only made 2 batches. I think last year I made 4. Or 5? I lost track. Either way, it's almost all gone, which is a pretty big accomplishment for two people. Well, we gave a bunch away. (Okay, so I've decided that homemade jam is the best Christmas present - everyone is amazed that you made it, even though it's not that hard, just hot and sticky.)
I might have to make some more... especially since it froze at weird times in KS this spring and there probably won't be peaches to go pick... :( So if you want to come make some jam with me, just let me know!
(I also just realized that I still have cherries in my freezer from last summer. Oops! I've got to keep better track of what's in that deep freeze. So I might have to turn those into jam during my "deep freezer clean out and defrost 2011" event that's coming up. Stay tuned to the blog for more details on that one!)
Homemade strawberry jam is my favorite. At one point in my childhood I gave up eating jam/jelly because we ran out of homemade strawberry jam - for about three years. I'll now eat peach, too. :) And occasionally some others, when I'm feeling really grown up.
We only made 2 batches. I think last year I made 4. Or 5? I lost track. Either way, it's almost all gone, which is a pretty big accomplishment for two people. Well, we gave a bunch away. (Okay, so I've decided that homemade jam is the best Christmas present - everyone is amazed that you made it, even though it's not that hard, just hot and sticky.)
I might have to make some more... especially since it froze at weird times in KS this spring and there probably won't be peaches to go pick... :( So if you want to come make some jam with me, just let me know!
(I also just realized that I still have cherries in my freezer from last summer. Oops! I've got to keep better track of what's in that deep freeze. So I might have to turn those into jam during my "deep freezer clean out and defrost 2011" event that's coming up. Stay tuned to the blog for more details on that one!)
mmmm-mmMMMM! Can you tell us how to do it?!
ReplyDelete