Summer Reading Update!

Here's the update you've all been waiting for with bated breath, I'm sure (with my highly detailed assessments... ha! But really, if you want to know about a book just ask.)

Couldn't put it down
Nickel and Dimed by Ehrenreich (surprisingly, since it is nonfiction...)
The Rest of her Life by Moriarty  (thanks to sister Hannah for this suggestion - great book by a KS author)
The Stormchasers by Blum
Diamonds in the Shadow by Cooney
Shine by Myracle
All the Broken Pieces by Burg (WAW) 
The Great Death by Smelcer (WAW) 
Return to Sender by Alvarez (WAW)

Very good reads
Faith, Hope, & Ivy June by Naylor (WAW)
Anything But Typical by Baskin (WAW)
Operation Yes by Holmes (WAW)
My Name is Phillis Wheatley by Cooper (WAW)

Was okay
Phoenix Rising by Hesse
Confetti Girl by Lopez (WAW)

Should have abandoned it
Peace Like a River by Enger

Did abandon it
n/a... yet


Yet to read (in no particular order):
Sing You Home by Picoult
Double Eagle by Collard (WAW)
Heart of a Shepherd by Parry (WAW)
Wild Things by Carmichael (WAW)
Years of Dust by Marrin (WAW)
Notes from the Dog by Paulsen (WAW)
The Amaranth Enchantment by Berry (WAW)
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Philbrick (WAW)
Perfect Match by Picoult? (I'm not sure if I've read this one or not)
Everlost by Shusterman
1984 by Orwell
Uprising by Haddix
If I Stay by Forman
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Stewart
The Center of Everything by Moriarty 
a few more will probably still be added as I go!

*WAW = William Allen White award nominees for 2011-2012

Comments

  1. I"m reading My Sister's Keeper by Picoult right now. Love. It. Will read more of her books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mysterious Benedict Society - excellent read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt