My other Christmas project this year was for my Grandma Lu. When they sold their old house , I tried my best to help her rid her life of fabric scraps, with one goal in mind: make Grandma a quilt. She's made so many quilts and wall hangings for others, but she doesn't make many for herself, and not many have made them for her. So, when I saw the piles and piles and boxes of fabric, I knew that it would be perfect: a scrappy quilt made for Grandma from her own scraps. (Little did I know that I barely made a dent, and she has a whole closet full of scraps in her new house.) I enlisted the help of my family, sending them fabric to cut into squares. Everybody who received a package sent it back, in nice, neat sections. And, I would be remiss to not mention the fact that I kind of left it, mostly pieced, at my mom's house. She pretty much finished it, including the border and binding (inbetween which she found someone to machine quilt it, so that it would be finished for C...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!