Sweet Summertime

I love sugar cookies. So does my friend M. whose birthday was yesterday. She told me she wasn't going to celebrate (she's too "old") but then I promised cookies - they're kind of my thing around here. And I love zwieback. (Okay, small tangent: spell-check knows zwieback. What?! Raise your hand if you love that!) I baked those today with a friend. I'm practicing, in case the whole teaching thing doesn't work out. :) Ha. Like I could spend entire days in the kitchen... and we all know that sixth grade is too wonderful to give up.

My sweet summertime is slipping away. But I'm ready to let the few days left slowly slip through my fingers. Especially if I can spend them like this:



Comments

  1. All I can say is wow. If you focus on cookies, what shall I focus on when we start our business? Pies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, pies would be wonderful... I've never gotten the hang of the double-crust. Lattice-topped would be even better. Cake is also up for grabs, though the decorating part is a lot like cookies. Or maybe yeast breads?! Though my zwieback were wonderful, my yeast bread skills need some work.

    Daniel, just come on over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story