Shedd Aquarium
On Friday we split and spent the day in two different places. Hannah, Jason, Sarah, and Daniel went to Adler Planetarium. Brad, Mom, Jamie, and I went to Shedd Aquarium.
We were kind of expecting that the museums wouldn't be too crowded, since it was Black Friday. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The line at the Shedd was long. As in, an hour and a half outside in the cold long.
Thankfully, we had great and cheerful company.
And once inside, we decided that it was worth the wait. Definitely.
Their current special exhibit was jellyfish. It was amazing. I took lots and lots of pictures, but I'll spare you.
These were little eels that burrow in the sand. So cool.
After we were museum-ed out, we headed out for some Chicago deep-dish pizza at Lou Malnati's.
We were kind of expecting that the museums wouldn't be too crowded, since it was Black Friday. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The line at the Shedd was long. As in, an hour and a half outside in the cold long.
Thankfully, we had great and cheerful company.
And once inside, we decided that it was worth the wait. Definitely.
Their current special exhibit was jellyfish. It was amazing. I took lots and lots of pictures, but I'll spare you.
These were little eels that burrow in the sand. So cool.
After we were museum-ed out, we headed out for some Chicago deep-dish pizza at Lou Malnati's.
Is this in Wichita? Looks like a really fun family day!
ReplyDeleteNo, it's in Chicago. Hannah & Jason live there, so we went up for Thanksgiving.
DeleteThe Shedd and the Planetarium are awesome as (not that I'm biased)! Next time you're in the windy city you should head to the Field Museum, excellent as well.
ReplyDelete