more projects...

Well, I opened up my browser today and realized that none of my favorite bloggers have updated in the last few days. I thought, They really should update... How else am I supposed to stay entertained?!  Then I realized that this is probably what other people (Hi, Grandma!) think about me updating my blog. So here ya go!

Despite the fact that my posts might make it seem that way, headbands are not the only thing I've been sewing lately.


I made a cute little reusable snack bag for a coworker who gave me the pattern. I'm still waiting on the final verdict (size, and whether the lining needs to be something other than cotton) before I make more. But I most likely will make more. It took hardly any time at all... and would have taken less if I had the right velcro.


I also made myself a new school bag out of some fat quarters. It has three pockets inside, one of which is divided for pens/pencils/etc... Yes, it's my second one so far this year. No, there's not anything wrong with the old one. I just like sewing them - and I figure out ways to improve every time I make one.

I'm also pondering a new and improved camera strap cover. My old black and white one is stained... somehow. :(  (And while I'm at it, I'll probably sew a few more headbands, just for kicks.)

My next trip to the fabric store (or maybe my next raid of my mom's stash) is going to be for supplies for a laptop sleeve. I have a pattern that I've pretty much memorized, so I'm excited to try it out...

So I guess now I'm wondering (since y'all got me thinking about selling stuff)... would you buy one of these things? Or a headband? How much would you pay? What else should I try to make?

Comments

  1. As someone who can sew, if I buy items someone else sewed, I have to be convinced that I couldn't make it pretty easily myself for less (the exception being if they're being sold to benefit an organization I want to support anyway). Sometimes that means the skill necessary to make the item is beyond mine, and sometimes I like the fabric and/or the pattern a lot. I could make a camera strap or a book bag on my own, but if I really liked a fabric someone else had used I'd buy one - for no more than $10 for the camera strap or $15 for the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric for your school bag!

    With the "reduce, reuse, recycle" high right now (definitely a good thing!), I think the re-useable snack bags would be a hit. Maybe make a set of 3 in different sizes? Or also with a water bottle carrier? (I think I have seen patterns online for those...)

    My next project is a cover/carrier for my Kindle. I mean Ben's Kindle. I got it for him for Christmas but I don't think he has used it yet. I sure like it! Do you have one? You'd LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story