luck

We're nothing short of lucky to get to spend time at my grandparents' cabin on Beaver Lake in Arkansas. I've been there most summers of my life. This summer we couldn't make it down because of classes, but we nabbed a reservation for Labor Day weekend. We even took Friday off work (what rebels!)

This weekend was amazing... relaxing... peaceful... quiet...

We enjoyed a Northwest Arkansas Naturals game, a little fried chicken on the way down, fishing, some classwork (for me), and even a little grading (but as Brad said, "I'd rather grade papers here than anywhere else.").

 I know this picture is in the collage, but here's the view from the cabin's patio.

And here's the view from the dock to the end of the cove.

This was probably my favorite moment of the weekend - pure dumb luck that I was able to drop my book (onto the dock, not into the water) and grab my camera in time... and even more luck that the settings were good to go and the zoom lens was on.

Many thanks to my Grandma Lu and Grandpa Varden for building this place way back before I was born... what a great family tradition - even with the many ways that tradition has evolved as we've all grown older.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story