End the Madness

Over the past few years, as I've mentioned here before, the state of Kansas has seen some tough economic times. These budget shortfalls have led to severe cuts to public services, not the least of which has been education.

Now that things are getting better, our governor is proposing that, instead of restoring any cuts that have been made, we need to cut taxes and reform the tax codes (the issue of how those tax cuts will affect Kansans, especially those who can ill afford the "reforms" proposed, is a whole other issue that I'm not quite knowledgeable enough to tackle. I'll just say that I don't believe the proposed plan is what's best for Kansas. You can read a little bit about it here or here.). Now, I'm all for allowing people to keep more of their hard-earned money. But at what cost?

Several pro-education groups in Kansas have started a petition to "End the Kansas Madness" and restore funding to Kansas public schools. It's simply the right thing to do, for the future.

You can click here to sign the petition. Because a great public education is great for everyone, not just those who receive it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt