delish

The single most amazing lasagna in the whole world? My Grandma Donna's.


The only thing is... you have to plan ahead because it has to refrigerate overnight (which might be the reason we always have it a day or two after I'd intended). Otherwise you probably have to cook the lasagna noodles. (I don't know this for sure because I've never made another kind of lasagna.) And then the sauce isn't as thick, and that I do know, because I have eaten other kinds of lasagna. I'm telling you - it's worth it.

1 1/2 lb. hamburger
uncooked lasagna noodles
1-2 jars spaghetti sauce
3 c. cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, plus extra for topping
2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Brown hamburger, mix with sauce. In separate bowl, mix all other ingredients. Layer in 9x13: hamburger/sauce, uncooked noodles, cheese mixture. Repeat layers as needed (I usually do two full layers). Let sit covered overnight in refrigerator. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until done (poke knife through noodles). Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese when removing from the oven. Let six 15 minutes before cutting/serving.

I definitely halve this, and it still lasts several meals.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't really measure stuff any more. I just mix some of each cheese, dump some parsley in, etc... I feel more like a real cook when I do that. 

The best. Ever. I'm pretty sure Brad falls in love with me all over again every time I make it.

In other news... I pretty much got the green light to do both my elementary and secondary practicums in the same semester, which means that I will graduate in December! Thank goodness. (I still have a weird feeling that they'll change their minds, but maybe I'm just trying to be cautious with my optimism.) AND my administrators have both said they'll work with me in terms of professional days for at least a good chunk of the 80 hours of time I'll need off to do the practicums. So good news on those fronts. (Also... did you know that the plural of practicum can be either practica or practicums, except no spell check that I've found recognizes practica as a word? Yes, I looked it up.)

AND, for a limited time, Dairy Queen is having "Buy one blizzard, get one for 99 cents" deal. You should go grab a couple. We sure did.

Comments

  1. Just to clarify, you don't have to cook the noodles?! If that is the case, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! You do NOT have to cook the noodles. They soften up a bit between the sauce and cheese layers when you refrigerate it overnight.

      Delete
  2. Looks SO good, Megan! I will definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt