I am starting to write this post on Monday morning. It might take a while. While my entire pregnancy was blissfully uneventful, a fact for which I am eternally grateful, Lincoln's birth was anything but. This is going to be a difficult story to record (I'm already tearing up with this first paragraph), but I think it will start to help me heal emotionally. Warning: this post is not censored. It includes pretty much everything I can remember, just so you know in advance. At 37 weeks, Dr. Fullerton sent me in for a measurement ultrasound. I had been measuring small since about 30 weeks, so we just wanted to check on the due date. Surprisingly, Baby K was measuring in the 89th percentile. This was a concern because, let's face it, my body is not exactly built for child-bearing. These hips are narrow. We, after a long conversation with the doctor, decided on the 13th that our induction would start the evening of the 21st. We told our parents and siblings and that was abo...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!