One more day.



This was my desk yesterday morning when I arrived at school. I at least stacked the papers neatly before I ran out the door right at 3:30 the afternoon before. I do mean ran, although it may have been a few seconds before 3:30. The last week before Christmas break is rough. But we're now down to one day, and I can handle that.

I did grade this stack of papers graded. More are done after today. And the rest will wait until Monday... or Tuesday... or any free time I have before grades are due on January 4. I thought about killing myself trying to grade 70 narrative essays before tomorrow at 1, but it's just not going to work out. Trust me: it's better this way.



Little things like this make it all worth it. When we are working on a writing assignment, I make the kids fill out exit slips before they can leave. They write the greatest things.



Oh, and yesterday evening, when Brad was at school working, I did this:



That's right. The stair railing that we took down in May when we painted is now back up. And I did it by myself. I hope nobody notices that the paint now needs to be touched up. Oops - I just confessed. I'm not going to guarantee that it's 100% sturdy (but only because a few of the screws were stripped out so the drill just spun once they were in most of the way - probably should replace those someday), but it's up.

Now... back to peppernuts and cleaning! Kohlman Christmas on Rushwood Dr. in T-2.5 days!

Comments

  1. Can't wait until Sunday, I have been dreaming of peppernuts. Just remember it is Kohlman Christmas and you don't have to go overboard with the preparations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt