Your Vote Counts!
A few weeks ago, I posted about our carpet removal. Since then, we've slowly worked on that project, putting the carpet out with the trash, prying up the tack boards, sweeping over and over again. Now we're taking the plunge. We are ready to order the new flooring.
This week we looked at Lowe's, Village Decorative here in town, and Lumber Liquidators. We knew in advance that we want either bamboo or engineered hardwood (more environmentally friendly and a bit less expensive), preferably the snap-together kind. Village Decorative - other than learning that bamboo will fade in direct sunlight - was a bust, and Lowe's didn't have the combination of the type of flooring and the installation method. But today we hit the jackpot with our online glances at Lumber Liquidators.
Honestly, when we pulled into the parking spot I was a little nervous - I mean, there was a man standing by the door, glancing out, longing for customers. But it was so easy. We knew what we wanted, the salesman showed it to us, gave us free samples and a catalog, and let us know how long it would take once we ordered. There was no pressure to buy a more expensive floor or pay them to install it. Amazing.
So here are our two options. This floor will go in the dining/living/entry area and the hallway. (We are keeping the tile in the kitchen because it's supposedly a lot easier to clean - with water.) It's Schon Quick Click Engineered hardwood. We are already leaning toward one, but we still want your vote and reason for it.
This is next to the paint color for most of that area.

This is next to the back of the kitchen cabinets. (There is a breakfast bar between the kitchen and dining room; this is underneath it, if that makes any sense.)
This is next to the accent walls - under the chair rail in the dining room and the fireplace wall in the living room.
So what should it be? Post your vote or text it to Megan or Brad.
Another exciting event was that today I finished this project... Brad's cousin, Lindsay, is having a baby boy in July. Barb is going to her shower next weekend and will take it for me. I would have to say that it turned out very well; now that I'm 23 I can do projects all by myself - with frequent calls to mom, of course. I'm so proud of myself!


-Megan
This week we looked at Lowe's, Village Decorative here in town, and Lumber Liquidators. We knew in advance that we want either bamboo or engineered hardwood (more environmentally friendly and a bit less expensive), preferably the snap-together kind. Village Decorative - other than learning that bamboo will fade in direct sunlight - was a bust, and Lowe's didn't have the combination of the type of flooring and the installation method. But today we hit the jackpot with our online glances at Lumber Liquidators.
Honestly, when we pulled into the parking spot I was a little nervous - I mean, there was a man standing by the door, glancing out, longing for customers. But it was so easy. We knew what we wanted, the salesman showed it to us, gave us free samples and a catalog, and let us know how long it would take once we ordered. There was no pressure to buy a more expensive floor or pay them to install it. Amazing.
So here are our two options. This floor will go in the dining/living/entry area and the hallway. (We are keeping the tile in the kitchen because it's supposedly a lot easier to clean - with water.) It's Schon Quick Click Engineered hardwood. We are already leaning toward one, but we still want your vote and reason for it.
This is next to the paint color for most of that area.
This is next to the back of the kitchen cabinets. (There is a breakfast bar between the kitchen and dining room; this is underneath it, if that makes any sense.)
This is next to the accent walls - under the chair rail in the dining room and the fireplace wall in the living room.
So what should it be? Post your vote or text it to Megan or Brad.
Another exciting event was that today I finished this project... Brad's cousin, Lindsay, is having a baby boy in July. Barb is going to her shower next weekend and will take it for me. I would have to say that it turned out very well; now that I'm 23 I can do projects all by myself - with frequent calls to mom, of course. I'm so proud of myself!
-Megan
I vote for the darker one. It'll show wear and stains less, and the contrast with the trim and the cabinets is nice. We have both light and dark hardwood flooring in my parents' house, and the darker looks nicer after decades of wear. It does show dust though!
ReplyDeleteThough I tend to like darker woods better, I would suggest going with the lighter flooring. It matches the trim and cabinets nicely and looks wonderful with the accent wall.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the information. I will say, after I saw the first picture, I thought "go with the dark one." Then when I saw the pictures, I think the light one gets my vote. When we did our kitchen and dining room, I wanted the engineered hardwood... we got laminate. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Can't wait to see the final result!
ReplyDelete