A Little Bit of Life

We like to go on evening walks through the neighborhoods around ours (and ours in the process, of course). For Brad the walks are social time, to see how many people we know who will stop us to talk. (Note: I have discovered that if I want to walk for exercise, I should go on one in the morning by myself.) One evening we stopped at the house of some friends, talked for about an hour, then ended up going to get pizza with them - from the gas station they own - and getting a ride home. Such is "small town" life, though I still contend that Augusta is not that small of a town.

Here are some images of a recent walk...

The corner down the street:
A yard sign we transplants happen to love. :)
Mr. Popularity
Anyone need an appliance? (I was a little scared to take this picture because there was someone in the garage working.)
Hoping no one comes after me for my paparazzi-like photography.
We want a tree like this. But, we don't know the actual name, so we just call it the "peely-bark tree."

On my solo walk this morning I found a wonderful place just a few blocks away from our neighborhood... drum roll, please.... a dirt road (again, not that Augusta is so big it would take long to get out of town). That's right, folks, this country girl found an unpaved place to walk. It was absolutely beautiful. And so peaceful. Tomorrow I will take my camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story