Five months
Lincoln,
Five months! This month we have seen you start to assert your independence, especially when it comes to eating and taking bottles. It's clear that you already want to be sooo big. I think we're in for it!
We started you on solids right at four months. You've had rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, applesauce, carrots, squash, and peaches. You hated carrots - threw them up the first night, then choked on them the second. You might have just overeaten on night one and then gagged at the memory on night two, but we're putting them on the back burner for a while anyway. Everything else has gone down well; sweet potatoes and peaches are definitely your favorite so far! You are convinced that you should be the one to hold the spoon, which makes mealtime very, very messy.
You can sit with very little support now. It won't be long before you're doing it on your own! When we put you on your tummy, you usually roll right over to your back but aren't really interested in rolling back to tummy. Sometimes you'll reach for a toy on your tummy and creep forward just a little.You also like to stand with us holding you or you leaning against the ottoman (with our hands out, ready to catch you when you tip of course).
Plip Plop Pond is your "toy" of choice these days - it's rip-drool-chew-proof, which is perfect for you. You're getting pretty good at reaching for and picking up things and moving them where you want them... right to your mouth! You really like straws as well, and have figured out that the end of the straw is what goes in your mouth. I have been poked a few times when I made the mistake of drinking from my cup and holding you at the same time.
You are such a happy baby. You fuss only when you're very hungry or very tired. At those times you're very fussy, but the rest of the day you are full of joy. You smile and laugh out loud a lot. The adjustment to daycare has been amazingly smooth. You're even more content there. I think you are thriving on the schedule and the interactions with other kids. There are a couple little girls (Jenae is 3 and Jordan is 1 1/2) who just love, love, love you. They give you kisses, tell you goodbye, give you your pacifier, and "help" me put you in your car seat at the end of the day (and probably more throughout the day that I don't see).
When I was getting ready to take your "five month" pictures, you were getting a bit tired. I pulled out the camera and - presto! - you were all smiles. We had a photo shoot for the Via Christi magazine we're going to be in, and the photographer thought you were a natural. Must be the fact that your mama almost always has a camera in your face.
You're about 26 1/2 inches long (by my measurement), and two weeks ago you weighed in at 14 lbs., 8 oz. We changed your diapers to the second rise, but your waist is still on the smallest snaps, either on both sides or one, depending on the day. Some of your 3-6 month onesies are getting a little short!
We are quickly approaching the "half a year" mark. As much as I enjoy seeing you reach all these milestones, I have to remind myself that you'll only be little for a little while. I love watching you grow, and I love soaking up every second of my baby!
Five months! This month we have seen you start to assert your independence, especially when it comes to eating and taking bottles. It's clear that you already want to be sooo big. I think we're in for it!
We started you on solids right at four months. You've had rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, applesauce, carrots, squash, and peaches. You hated carrots - threw them up the first night, then choked on them the second. You might have just overeaten on night one and then gagged at the memory on night two, but we're putting them on the back burner for a while anyway. Everything else has gone down well; sweet potatoes and peaches are definitely your favorite so far! You are convinced that you should be the one to hold the spoon, which makes mealtime very, very messy.
You can sit with very little support now. It won't be long before you're doing it on your own! When we put you on your tummy, you usually roll right over to your back but aren't really interested in rolling back to tummy. Sometimes you'll reach for a toy on your tummy and creep forward just a little.You also like to stand with us holding you or you leaning against the ottoman (with our hands out, ready to catch you when you tip of course).
Plip Plop Pond is your "toy" of choice these days - it's rip-drool-chew-proof, which is perfect for you. You're getting pretty good at reaching for and picking up things and moving them where you want them... right to your mouth! You really like straws as well, and have figured out that the end of the straw is what goes in your mouth. I have been poked a few times when I made the mistake of drinking from my cup and holding you at the same time.
You are such a happy baby. You fuss only when you're very hungry or very tired. At those times you're very fussy, but the rest of the day you are full of joy. You smile and laugh out loud a lot. The adjustment to daycare has been amazingly smooth. You're even more content there. I think you are thriving on the schedule and the interactions with other kids. There are a couple little girls (Jenae is 3 and Jordan is 1 1/2) who just love, love, love you. They give you kisses, tell you goodbye, give you your pacifier, and "help" me put you in your car seat at the end of the day (and probably more throughout the day that I don't see).
When I was getting ready to take your "five month" pictures, you were getting a bit tired. I pulled out the camera and - presto! - you were all smiles. We had a photo shoot for the Via Christi magazine we're going to be in, and the photographer thought you were a natural. Must be the fact that your mama almost always has a camera in your face.
You're about 26 1/2 inches long (by my measurement), and two weeks ago you weighed in at 14 lbs., 8 oz. We changed your diapers to the second rise, but your waist is still on the smallest snaps, either on both sides or one, depending on the day. Some of your 3-6 month onesies are getting a little short!
We are quickly approaching the "half a year" mark. As much as I enjoy seeing you reach all these milestones, I have to remind myself that you'll only be little for a little while. I love watching you grow, and I love soaking up every second of my baby!

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!