25!

A lesson on perspective...

In the span of 5 minutes today, I was told:
"You hardly even look pregnant!" -co-worker
"Your belly is getting really big!" -student

I'm going to have to agree with the student.

Today marks 25 weeks of pregnancy. Some days I can't believe I'm this far along already. After all, this was the point at which I was going to let myself stop running without feeling at all guilty. (Instead I ran 2 miles this morning and plan to keep going as long as I possibly can.)


A few weeks ago we hung up the curtains in the nursery. This nighttime picture does not do the room justice, but I promise the paint and the curtains look great in person. Baby's room is going to be, by far, the most put-together/decorated room in our house. By far.

I have my one-hour glucose test for gestational diabetes next week. Yuck. I've gone back and forth on being worried about it, but I'm pretty sure that there's not a whole lot I can do about it, anyway.

Other pregnancy things... I have not been sleeping quite as well as I was, but I suppose that's to be expected. I don't get sick unless Baby K really doesn't like something I eat. I have yet to feel warm (but I guess some women never do).

I'm not really sure what else to say about being pregnant right now. It kinda just is. Any questions?! 

My portfolio presentation is Saturday. Yikes! I have ten minutes to present and answer questions, but I get to spend the hours from 9 am to 3 pm listening to everyone else present. The good news is: a. By noon on Saturday I will be done. Completely done. With the whole degree, and b. I have to present in Overland Park, so we are going up on Friday, picking up my cap and gown on the way, and going to eat at Cheesecake Factory. :) I am terrified of giving this presentation. Every time I practice I practically hyperventilate. I know in the back of my mind that it will be absolutely fine. But I'm still terrified. I am also worried about what to wear. My maternity wardrobe does not have the "comfort" clothes (you know, the ones you always feel safe and comfy in, like a security blanket) that my regular wardrobe does.

I got out all the Christmas decorations last week (pretty much right after getting home from Chicago), and we bought and set up our tree on Friday night. The tree is a post in and of itself, but let's just say that this was almost the year I gave up on having a real Christmas tree ever again. My parents and siblings will understand how big that statement is. Fortunately, we persevered and it all worked out, including lessons learned for future Christmases.

I decided we are starting a new family tradition of pictures in front of the Christmas tree. Baby K is becoming more and more obvious from every angle. But, can you find Jazzy?!

Comments

  1. You look great and I love the curtains. Very cute and baby boy-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll do great on the presentation, you are one of the most organized and prepared people I know. You have more of a an up and down baby belly as opposed to the "basketball under a t-shirt" look. :) At home we have given up on a real Christmas tree partly because my siblings are so allergic, we don't have room for one with all the family at the house, and the ones in the paddock are ugly, too big, or the poky kind. We have a small fake tree and then real branches in a basket and along one window sill. You get the lovely smell without the mess, hassle, or space stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your presentation. I'm anxious to hear all about it. Mine is next semester and I'm already freaking out about giving it so I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my completely-unsurprising-if-you-know-me question: You are calling the baby "Baby K," but do you have a name chosen for him? (And if not, do you want a naming consultant? Because I love doing that!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jazzy is sneaking her nose up in-between your legs. It's taken me like five times to get this to post like I want!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt