Summer 2012

My bags (er, boxes) are packed, ready for someone else to move them. I'm checked out of two schools. I had a great pizza lunch with friends I've had the privilege of working with over the past four years (but with whom I will not get to work next year). I brought home plenty of candy, a generous gift card from a student, and a beautiful plant. Random, I know. I've cried just a few tears. It helps that I sneaked out without having to say "goodbye."

All that to say... Summer 2012 has officially begun. And here is what I intend to do with this time (in no particular order).

  • finish quarter round and trim (all that's left to do is punch in the nails and fill the holes... kind of counting on Brad to do this one)
  • stain/seal the deck
  • hang towel bars in the master bath
  • get rug for living room 
  • repaint nightstand
  • visit Becca & Micah at harvest
  • clean out the basement
  • hang pictures in the bedroom?
  • learn at least 4 new piano songs
  • be crafty - make at least one pinterest project every other week
  • make an actual decision: will I sell crafty stuff anywhere? where? 
  • make baby Tittsworth blanket
  • garage sale in Lyndon June 2
  • refinish patio furniture
  • set up badminton and play
  • make jam
  • make salsa
  • clean up/organize the garage (the garage is my nemesis. does anyone else feel that way about theirs?)
  • trip to Arkansas July 30 - August 3 (ish)
I'll also be taking 6 hours and doing some work at work, but this is what I intend to do with all my "free" time. I've been looking forward to most of these things for a while, and I feel like it's pretty reasonable.

What's missing from my list? What are you doing for the summer? 

Comments

  1. We made half of our list today during lunch. can't wait to write it all down and start checking things off of it.
    Are you not going back to teaching? I was confused by your post. fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still teaching. I'm moving schools within the district - that's all. (It's really a longer story than that, and this coming year will be my fourth different "job" in five years of teaching. Ugh. But hopefully things will settled down for a bit now.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt