Good day...

It's a lot easier to teach all day long when you start the day with this from one of last year's parents:


Hello Megan -

My family and I have heard news today that your contract will not be renewed for the next school year.  We are deeply disappointed to lose a talented, dedicated teacher like yourself.  My son has enjoyed your class and I regret that my daughters will not be able to experience language arts with you in the future.  He was crushed to hear that you wouldn't be back next year, when he knows many tenured teachers are not as capable as you are.

I pray that you will land safely in a new position quickly and you'll be better off in the long run.  My husband has experienced a few layoffs and we know the pain and anxiety that go along with changes like these.  We have always landed on our feet and I'm sure you will too.

Please know that you are appreciated, valued and that you will be missed at ACMS.  All my best to you!


Makes me feel like I really have a lot to offer to potential employers - and makes it easier to work on those job applications.

Comments

  1. Well said! Put her name down as a reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put and definitely true!! Glad that you got a such a boost no one deserves it more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story