The Wait
School resumes tomorrow. The past week has been a refuge, a place in time for me to forget the uncertainties and the stress, from all facets of my life, that surround and overwhelm me right now. I originally wrote this on 4/4/08, when I struggled to find the "perfect ending" to my first real job search (edited it today). I thought I had. Time will tell.
(p.s. just so you know. putting what i write - that which reveals a "private" part of me - out there in the great big world makes me feel really vulnerable. i feel like i should be a much better writer than this. that's why i don't do this poetry post thing very often.)
(p.s. just so you know. putting what i write - that which reveals a "private" part of me - out there in the great big world makes me feel really vulnerable. i feel like i should be a much better writer than this. that's why i don't do this poetry post thing very often.)
Simple tasks fall by the wayside
as I wait
to hear any news
(good or bad).
I pause in moments of
gathering doom
and tears
(of frustration, anger, hurt, confusion)
slip silently down my face.
I hold my breath in moments
of unbearable hope
and dream
(of the perfect endings).
But still I wait.
*mk
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!