favorites

We spend quite a bit of time reading to Lincoln; we have since just about the day he was born. The bookshelves in his room are filled with popular classics, old favorites, and new finds. Although I like variety in the reading, I definitely find myself drawn to a few new-to-me gems. These are my current favorites.



I am the Heartland,
Great and wide.
I sing of hope.
I sing of pride.

Heartland came to us via my Grandma & Grandpa Loganbill's downsizing. I had never read it until I picked it up one afternoon to read Lincoln to sleep (back when he would relax while reading, rather than squirm until he himself is holding the book). The rhythmic words on each page paint a picture of the plains that must be experienced to be understood. All the illustrations are paintings.

It must be out of print, because the copies on Amazon are a bit pricey. I may order a new copy soon, just in case this one gets ripped. I love it that much.



This is Not My Hat is a tale of an ornery little fish who steals a big fish's hat. Will the big fish find out who took it?!



The animals and the earth are in an argument: who is God? They bicker until Old Turtle speaks up. I love this book not just for its beautiful descriptions of God but also for its inclusive language. It just might be my number one pick. I just discovered a sequel. Rest assured that is now on my book list!

These are just a few of the reading options on Lincoln's shelves. What are your favorite children's books?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story