De-clutter... Space #2
There's nothing to thrilling going on around here today, just some more adventures in my attempts to de-clutter. My feelings won't be hurt if you don't read any of this post.
The only other space that my de-cluttering made a noticeable difference in was the sewing room/guest bedroom. This room is pretty "blah," but it's functional, which is what we're going for right now.
Before... (although the fabric on the bed is actually a couple of "projects-in-progress" so it's not really clutter, just a mess - there's not a good excuse for the cutting mats, though.)
These are several boxes of miscellaneous supplies and fabric from both my grandmas. Just sitting where I put them when I brought them home.
This is the box I used to keep my fabric and supplies "organized." It worked well... not. (Remember when it was cool to say that - you know, say something you didn't mean and then add "NOT!"? Obviously I do.)
Thread and more fabric - again, so well "organized."
My basket of more fabric and my to-do projects.
After... (and actually, when I was gone this weekend, Brad got help moving the gargantuan aquarium and stand to his classroom, where it will hopefully be a great habitat for native Kansas fish - but won't make my house smell like them.) I'm thinking about rearranging. And finding an actual queen size bedspread, since that one is the giant twin my mom made me once upon a time when I was obsessed with yellow.
This was just last week, but the bed does have another project-in-progress laid out already.
The closet! This is a big difference. Instead of a big box of stuff and several little boxes and an overflowing basket, I have this set of drawers, emptied and swiped from the study when I organized that room. There were a couple scraps of fabric that wouldn't fit in the drawers, so they're in one of those plastic tubs. One of my favorite parts is that the vacuum fits in here now.
So there it is. I don't think there will be any more big transformations as I continue my mission to organize and get rid of stuff, but I'll be sure to share my revelations along the way.
The only other space that my de-cluttering made a noticeable difference in was the sewing room/guest bedroom. This room is pretty "blah," but it's functional, which is what we're going for right now.
Before... (although the fabric on the bed is actually a couple of "projects-in-progress" so it's not really clutter, just a mess - there's not a good excuse for the cutting mats, though.)
These are several boxes of miscellaneous supplies and fabric from both my grandmas. Just sitting where I put them when I brought them home.
This is the box I used to keep my fabric and supplies "organized." It worked well... not. (Remember when it was cool to say that - you know, say something you didn't mean and then add "NOT!"? Obviously I do.)
Thread and more fabric - again, so well "organized."
My basket of more fabric and my to-do projects.
After... (and actually, when I was gone this weekend, Brad got help moving the gargantuan aquarium and stand to his classroom, where it will hopefully be a great habitat for native Kansas fish - but won't make my house smell like them.) I'm thinking about rearranging. And finding an actual queen size bedspread, since that one is the giant twin my mom made me once upon a time when I was obsessed with yellow.
This was just last week, but the bed does have another project-in-progress laid out already.
The closet! This is a big difference. Instead of a big box of stuff and several little boxes and an overflowing basket, I have this set of drawers, emptied and swiped from the study when I organized that room. There were a couple scraps of fabric that wouldn't fit in the drawers, so they're in one of those plastic tubs. One of my favorite parts is that the vacuum fits in here now.
So there it is. I don't think there will be any more big transformations as I continue my mission to organize and get rid of stuff, but I'll be sure to share my revelations along the way.
I have your late fall project: help me figure out organization in little boy's room that I will actually use!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for decluttering!! I bet you will feel happy every time you look at your newly organized areas!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm so glad you found me! And how fun that you are related to Jody! I'm curious what A-town you live in, though. Several of my friends refer to Abilene as A-town!