vulnerability part 2

This is my second try at this post... I somehow deleted the whole thing. I hate it when that happens. Argh. Here goes nothing.

A few times in the last month or so I've posted about my faith. I won't go into detail again since I already posted here, here, and here. 

1. new Bible... there's something refreshing about having a nice, blank book, without underlining or sticky notes or marginalia (from my teen years, no less).

2. e-mail daily devotional - I subscribed to the United Church of Christ's Stillspeaking Daily Devotional, and I love it. You can read an example here.


3. The Daily Examen
     1. Become aware of God's presence.
     2. Review the day with gratitude.
     3. Pay attention to your emotions, being open to being aware of your responses as life-giving or life-diminishing.
     4. Choose one event/moment from the day and pray from it.
     5. Look toward tomorrow.
I think this prayer "works" for me because it's not a recitation of a memorized verse or a completely open "just pray" moment. And that makes sense to me - focus without too much control.

I'm not sure anyone out there is terribly interested, but I wanted to share, just in case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

part two: Grandma's quilt