content
"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through God who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:11-13
It's so easy to fall into a habit of discontentment. I could most definitely continue to be frustrated about our school's new health insurance policy. I could be upset that I still have to travel. I could complain about sharing a classroom.
I could. I certainly could. In fact, I already did today. (And I felt very guilty and convicted. Hence, this post.)
But what good will that do?
Nada. In fact, complaining, other than the occasional and necessary venting session, makes me feel worse. I wallow.
Instead, I'm going to work on being content (and even thankful) whatever the circumstances. (I know. It's a big commitment. That's why I publishing it here, so I'll be more likely to hold myself accountable.)
content: adj. ... satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.
I am learning to be content in the fact that I have health insurance and a job. I am learning to be content in my home, whatever state of fixing up it happens to be in. I am learning to be content in the relationships I have and in the fact that there are many people who care deeply about me (and my contentment). I am learning to be content with my classwork.
I am learning. I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm learning.
It's so easy to fall into a habit of discontentment. I could most definitely continue to be frustrated about our school's new health insurance policy. I could be upset that I still have to travel. I could complain about sharing a classroom.
I could. I certainly could. In fact, I already did today. (And I felt very guilty and convicted. Hence, this post.)
But what good will that do?
Nada. In fact, complaining, other than the occasional and necessary venting session, makes me feel worse. I wallow.
Instead, I'm going to work on being content (and even thankful) whatever the circumstances. (I know. It's a big commitment. That's why I publishing it here, so I'll be more likely to hold myself accountable.)
content: adj. ... satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.
I am learning to be content in the fact that I have health insurance and a job. I am learning to be content in my home, whatever state of fixing up it happens to be in. I am learning to be content in the relationships I have and in the fact that there are many people who care deeply about me (and my contentment). I am learning to be content with my classwork.
I am learning. I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm learning.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!