"stay"
I have to admit that I said Jasmine would not come inside, except for maybe in the kitchen (only the easy-to-clean tile kitchen) in extreme weather. Yes, I did say that she might do that. Stop it with the selective memory. Because the garage is full of things she could get into, and we've all heard about Kansas weather, if not experienced plenty of it.
And we've had our fair share of extreme weather lately. It's hot. Stinkin' hot.
And Brad and I started school again last week, so she doesn't get as much attention during the day as she did all summer.
So, some afternoons Jazzy gets to come into the kitchen and lie (my sister is appalled right now - if she actually reads my blog). She's close enough to keep an eye on us and hear us (she doesn't like it if we leave the kitchen/living/dining room - she stands up and peeks around the corner until we come back), and she gets to cool off, but she's still not shedding her hair or getting dog smell all over the rug/couches. (Yes, I love her, but we run 5 mornings a week, so she doesn't smell great.) It's kind of nice to have her nearby. But I'm still not tempted to let her off the tile.
And that was a lot of parenthetical statements for one paragraph.
(Okay, so maybe I've just become a sucker for those eyes. How could you resist that face?!)
She's become really good at "stay"-ing. She knows the consequence is going back outside. If we open the door to let her out before she's ready, she'll hide behind the counter. Food and ice - or a dragging, if we get that far - will draw her back outside.
And we've had our fair share of extreme weather lately. It's hot. Stinkin' hot.
And Brad and I started school again last week, so she doesn't get as much attention during the day as she did all summer.
So, some afternoons Jazzy gets to come into the kitchen and lie (my sister is appalled right now - if she actually reads my blog). She's close enough to keep an eye on us and hear us (she doesn't like it if we leave the kitchen/living/dining room - she stands up and peeks around the corner until we come back), and she gets to cool off, but she's still not shedding her hair or getting dog smell all over the rug/couches. (Yes, I love her, but we run 5 mornings a week, so she doesn't smell great.) It's kind of nice to have her nearby. But I'm still not tempted to let her off the tile.
And that was a lot of parenthetical statements for one paragraph.
(Okay, so maybe I've just become a sucker for those eyes. How could you resist that face?!)
She's become really good at "stay"-ing. She knows the consequence is going back outside. If we open the door to let her out before she's ready, she'll hide behind the counter. Food and ice - or a dragging, if we get that far - will draw her back outside.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!