best
I just had the best run of the year.
I didn't run particularly far. I actually turned around early.
I didn't run particularly fast. It was actually slower than yesterday.
But on my run this morning, I got caught.
in the rain!
Let me explain. I've been running since May, four to six days a week, in the morning. And only once - all summer long - did rain prevent me from running during my desired time.
So this morning, when the heavens opened, I smiled. As raindrops soaked my shirt and shorts and shoes, I celebrated. It felt so good.
I got home right when Brad was getting up. He just looked at me. For some reason he wouldn't give me a hug.
So this, even if it's only a brief shower, is desperately needed and refreshingly welcome. At least to me. Jazzy, not so much.
I didn't run particularly far. I actually turned around early.
I didn't run particularly fast. It was actually slower than yesterday.
But on my run this morning, I got caught.
in the rain!
Let me explain. I've been running since May, four to six days a week, in the morning. And only once - all summer long - did rain prevent me from running during my desired time.
So this morning, when the heavens opened, I smiled. As raindrops soaked my shirt and shorts and shoes, I celebrated. It felt so good.
I got home right when Brad was getting up. He just looked at me. For some reason he wouldn't give me a hug.
So this, even if it's only a brief shower, is desperately needed and refreshingly welcome. At least to me. Jazzy, not so much.
I live in Colorado & understand the celebration completely. I only wish I could say we've had some rain, too! Love the way you set this up into a poem, & that your husband wouldn't give you a hug capped it. A nice beginning to the day.
ReplyDeleteI felt your rain:)
ReplyDeleteI'm not a runner or a rain person, but the way you described running in the rain made it sound beautiful & poetic.
ReplyDeleteWe hadn't had much rain here since July 8th, and then in the last week we've finally had a couple of days. It is a poetic feeling when it happens. It's raining today and all my classes wanted to go out and walk in it!
ReplyDeleteI am a runner! I love this post. :0) I felt like I as there. We need rain! Keep running.
ReplyDeleteLove it! There are few things that feel as good as a run in the rain on a warm day. Savor it!
ReplyDeleteI love the rain, not running so much, but walking, yes. My husband thinks it's funny to hug me when I'm soaking!
ReplyDelete