Rain, Rain...

Just thinking of all the ways I could finish this little rhyme today.

...go away, come again another day! (And preferably in moderation at that point in time.)

Just last week... The yard was cleared out, graded (I guess, though right now it doesn't appear it was properly done!), and seeded.


And then today... If you look closely, you can see the pond that has formed in the southwest corner of our backyard, the spot where we plan to plant my beloved cottonless cottonwood and maybe someday put a dog house. This whole water feature thing just isn't working for me. And there's something fishy about this coupled with the facts presented above - I'm pretty sure that much dirt didn't wash out in the last 36 hours.


...makes a grumpy Mrs. K. Maybe it's more the way kids act when it's rainy all day that makes me just a touch cranky. Or maybe it's when the computers don't work during formative assessments, or when there aren't enough chairs in the computer lab.

But I don't write this for sympathy.

In any case, school's over, the backyard will be fixed soon (at least, before we cough up the second half of our payment), and I am blessed...

  • In some spots, the grass seed is surviving the torrential downpour and starting to sprout.
  • Tomorrow I get a day "off," to go to district professional development. (Well, I don't have to teach or fight the computers for the rest of our formatives.) It's part of our "three-year new teacher induction program." I'm going to learn to differentiate my instruction. I actually am excited.
  • There are very few papers in my life that require grading.
  • I am starting to feel a little bit less sick-ish than I have since Saturday.
  • Tonight there is a lasagna for supper, thanks to our newly discovered love of weekly meal planning. (This weekend I also began to stock my freezer - mainly for crazy basketball season - and am already seven meals ahead of the game.)
  • My weekend of crazy cooking included pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I don't even like pumpkin things, but these are amazing.
  • My husband bought me chocolate yesterday. There's still lots left. But by bedtime tonight...
  • I have a job that I love, even on the bad days, and coworkers who are just plain awesome, especially on the bad days.
  • I have another little project in the works... I'm very, very excited about it. Hmm... what could it be for?!


Editor's note: I did not choose the cheesy flower bullet points. Blogger doesn't let me choose, unless there's something I don't know about?! Anyone know of a way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story