Nursery
Baby's room is almost done. There are just a few details left to finish up (some of which you don't get to see quite yet), just a few things left to get, just a few things to wash...
Here's the current state of the room from the doorway:
Brad just finished painting the dresser and replacing the handles with knobs on Monday. The dresser will double as a changing table, once we get a changing pad. It's amazingly large - we've fit blankets, crib sheets, towels, changing pad covers, swaddle blankets, burp cloths, newborn clothes, 0-3 month clothes, cloth diapers (about half of what we hope to have eventually, but the rest will fit once we're out of disposables), a couple packages of newborn disposable diapers, some wipes, and a few random things that I don't know where else to put in there. I'm so glad my parents were willing to pass on this piece of furniture (along with a number of others in our house)! The 8x10 frame will eventually go on the wall with an ABC/baby name print, possibly along with some other to be determined items. The clock has a CD player for lullaby time.
The diaper bag in the crib is packed with what (I think) we'll need for the hospital. I'm sure I've over packed, but oh well. I'm excited for my mom to finish the quilt she's making so I can post a picture of that, too.
I just realized looking at this picture that we don't really have any small church clothes for baby. I guess we'll have to think about that when we make our "get whatever else we think we still need before baby comes" shopping trip.
The basket on the bottom shelf is full of board books. Who needs toys when you can read with mommy and daddy?! ;)
The doctor's office was closed today, so we'll reschedule our appointment and sonogram for next week, hopefully on the same day. Since we're missing the 36-week appointment, we're down to just three before baby's official due date!
Here's the current state of the room from the doorway:
Brad just finished painting the dresser and replacing the handles with knobs on Monday. The dresser will double as a changing table, once we get a changing pad. It's amazingly large - we've fit blankets, crib sheets, towels, changing pad covers, swaddle blankets, burp cloths, newborn clothes, 0-3 month clothes, cloth diapers (about half of what we hope to have eventually, but the rest will fit once we're out of disposables), a couple packages of newborn disposable diapers, some wipes, and a few random things that I don't know where else to put in there. I'm so glad my parents were willing to pass on this piece of furniture (along with a number of others in our house)! The 8x10 frame will eventually go on the wall with an ABC/baby name print, possibly along with some other to be determined items. The clock has a CD player for lullaby time.
The diaper bag in the crib is packed with what (I think) we'll need for the hospital. I'm sure I've over packed, but oh well. I'm excited for my mom to finish the quilt she's making so I can post a picture of that, too.
I just realized looking at this picture that we don't really have any small church clothes for baby. I guess we'll have to think about that when we make our "get whatever else we think we still need before baby comes" shopping trip.
The basket on the bottom shelf is full of board books. Who needs toys when you can read with mommy and daddy?! ;)
The doctor's office was closed today, so we'll reschedule our appointment and sonogram for next week, hopefully on the same day. Since we're missing the 36-week appointment, we're down to just three before baby's official due date!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!