34 weeks
34 weeks doesn't seem that close to the end of pregnancy, until I add that this means my due date is only 6 weeks away.
Brad picked out the fabric and helped me figure out the pattern, then mom and I whipped up this little dinosaur blanket. I love, love, love how it turned out.
We may (fingers crossed) have found a daycare! We're just waiting to hear back for sure that she has a spot in August she'll reserve for us. This is super exciting because we weren't sure who we'd find for a reasonable price who's willing to do cloth. We kind of had a few big deal-breakers. The bonus is that her husband works for the school district, so Brad knows him.
I had a dream the other night that my brother (hi, Daniel!) had purchased a grizzly bear, lion, tiger, and human-sized koala bear. They were delivered to the farm, and he just left them there (out in the yard between the house and the shed, for those of you who know the place) to go back to his house. I was trying to convince him that he couldn't just buy wild animals and leave them for mom and dad to take care of. But he was convinced that the lion and the tiger would be best friends if he just let them get to know each other on their own terms.
And lest you think that since I am a little OCD and slightly Type-A, everything is ready for baby... here's the current state of the nursery.
I really thought that, by this point, we'd have everything ready to go. But the crib side replacements haven't come in yet (the originals were scratched), the dresser is still unpainted (but is now unstained!), no clothes have been washed, and so on... I honestly haven't been too concerned with getting the room all put together. I have a feeling that, once it's done, time will drag on. At least now we have some things to do while we wait.
I honestly don't feel like I'm getting any bigger - just more uncomfortable. Baby K definitely is; most movements are pretty forceful, like he just doesn't have enough room to move around.
The pregnancy aches have kicked in full force, letting me know without a doubt that my body's getting ready to have a baby. (But not for another six weeks!) I have no idea if baby has turned or not. My next doctor's appointment is tomorrow. We'll find out if she's going to have us go in for another ultrasound before the due date - insurance companies can be picky about these things. I can't think of any other random statements about pregnancy to make here...
Yes, I did finally get a hair cut. :)
We may (fingers crossed) have found a daycare! We're just waiting to hear back for sure that she has a spot in August she'll reserve for us. This is super exciting because we weren't sure who we'd find for a reasonable price who's willing to do cloth. We kind of had a few big deal-breakers. The bonus is that her husband works for the school district, so Brad knows him.
I had a dream the other night that my brother (hi, Daniel!) had purchased a grizzly bear, lion, tiger, and human-sized koala bear. They were delivered to the farm, and he just left them there (out in the yard between the house and the shed, for those of you who know the place) to go back to his house. I was trying to convince him that he couldn't just buy wild animals and leave them for mom and dad to take care of. But he was convinced that the lion and the tiger would be best friends if he just let them get to know each other on their own terms.
And lest you think that since I am a little OCD and slightly Type-A, everything is ready for baby... here's the current state of the nursery.
I really thought that, by this point, we'd have everything ready to go. But the crib side replacements haven't come in yet (the originals were scratched), the dresser is still unpainted (but is now unstained!), no clothes have been washed, and so on... I honestly haven't been too concerned with getting the room all put together. I have a feeling that, once it's done, time will drag on. At least now we have some things to do while we wait.
Your bump is just too cute! That's good news about the daycare, I imagine that is a weight lifted. Looking forward to pics of the finished nursery! :)
ReplyDeleteOf course they would get along, just like I thought Ellie and Riley would. Haha. Crazy dream Megs. We need to spend time together when I'm down there in a couple weeks.
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome! And cute blanket! Ezra's room is still not done (I got it organized during maternity leave, but there's nothing on the walls and I haven't put the trim on his blanket). He sleeps in our room and his clothes, books, and diapers are all over the living room. I wouldn't mind if my living room wasn't a baby-splosion, but we're in no hurry to move him to his own room for sleeping.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate all your "progress" pictures, I know you hadn't planned on doing that, so ta, mate. :)
ReplyDelete