pictureless randomness

I'm here, but once again I'm pictureless for the mid-week update.

The carpet is in and amazing. I'll take pictures soon. But I kind of want to actually make the bed that day, get all the clothes put away, pick up, maybe put some things back up on the walls... Soon.

Last night we had a track meet in Hutchinson. It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there from my school. The four-team meet that started at 3:30 wrapped up about 9:00 p.m.

When I was at the track meet, Brad took apart our clogged dishwasher and declared it not worth fixing. Upon my arrival home, I seconded the motion. I knew that as soon as we splurged on carpet, something else would need to be fixed or replaced! Oh well - that's what my leftover sick days will be for this year, I guess.

I just "splurged" on an e-textbook for one of this summer's classes. It was a little more expensive than the paper edition, but it's less physical clutter in my life. And, I love to read on my Kindle Fire, so maybe I will actually read this textbook. Um.... I mean, enjoy reading it. I obviously read all my textbooks. Cover to cover. *wink, wink*

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the spring semester of my MLS. I have a couple of discussion board replies to write and a paper to finish up. The official end of the semester is May 4, but my self-imposed deadline is Sunday (although the discussion board posts may go on for a bit because they sort of depend on others, too).

On Monday, when I stayed home to let the carpet guys in, I started my list of things to do this summer. So far I have refinish the deck, repaint the nightstand from my childhood room (yes, mom, I'm taking that with the bed!), and complete a Pinterest project every other week. What else should be on it? (criteria: inexpensive, stress-free, and easily completable by me)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story