long time, no write

Yes, it's been a while. 10 days, if you're counting. But who has time to count? I've been busy - which I'm sure you assumed was the case, since that's my excuse every time my posting drops off a bit... Here's the random, picture-less update.

I've been sick for seven days. It's getting old. Thankfully, my kids were awesome yesterday when I couldn't talk, and my fellow track coaches forced me to leave the home meet last night at 7:30. I was in bed by 8:30 (and the meet wasn't over until after 9). I think I'm on the tail end of things.

The Warrior Dash is three weeks from Saturday. I'm getting a little worried, since I usually only run 2.5 miles before school and I haven't run since Monday and, even then, I turned around early since my lungs were on fire (see paragraph 2). I'm sure I'll be fine.

The spring semester is starting to wind down. I have about five more books to read and annotate (need to find some multicultural advanced beginner books), a couple of Blackboard discussions to reply to, and a program plan to write. I'm planning to knock a lot of it out this weekend, especially since I'm staying home on Monday while our carpet is installed... although I think it will be a little bit awkward to be hanging out in my living room full of random furniture while strangers pull out and replace the nasty carpet. Oh well... it's a much-needed day off.

My job is changing again next year. (Apparently I'm not capable of doing the same thing for more than 2 years at a time.) I'm not going to be traveling anymore. But I'm also not going to be in the school that's "home." I do get to work for my favorite administrator (the one I'm most comfortable with, for sure) still, since she's moving, too. It's going to take some getting used to. I think it'll be okay. Just different... I'm definitely nervous about losing the awesome friendships I have in the building I won't get to be in anymore.

Brad officially resigned as head girls basketball coach. He's taking some time off to finish his master's. Hooray!

I have another track meet tomorrow. The MCC Sale is this weekend. And that's about all that's going on around here...

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you've been sick! Feel better!
    My sister took 2 weeks off near the end of half marathon training because she was having such bad knee pain and she STILL ran the half marathon. And I think you're more of a runner than her, so you will be fine! :)

    Sad to hear that they're moving you again. I don't remember teachers moving around this much when I was in school. I hope it goes smoothly.

    And yay for Brad working on his master's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. That's a lot of information in one little post! Summer is so close I can almost taste it. Ben thought it was a little early for his seniors to be be itching to get out. I reminded him it is the middle of April and they only have a few weeks left. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story