Comfort food, anyone?

I don't know why, but this is my ultimate in comfort food/meal. This is the perfect time of year for it, too. I remember always thinking that mom didn't make enough biscuits.... sooooo I'm not gonna tell you how many I ate tonight.





Baking Powder Biscuits
2 c. sifted flour
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. shortening
3/4 c. milk

Mix dry ingredients with a fork. Cut in the shortening until coarse crumbs. Make a well; add milk all at once. Stir quickly with fork until dough follows fork around bowl. Turn onto lightly floured surface. (Dough should be soft.) Knead gently 10-12 strokes. Roll or pat dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut into circles (2 1/2"). Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 450 for about 12 minutes. Makes 10-12.



Oven Stew
1 1/2 lb. stew meat (I use minute or round steak, cut up)
3 carrots
3 potatoes
3 celery stalks
1 large onion
1 can cream of celery soup
2 beef bouillon cubes in 1 c. water
1 can tomato soup
1 can water
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut up meat, carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion. Combine all ingredients in large pot. Bake 5 hours at 275 or 6 hours at 250.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story