Lately

What I've been up to....

1. I think quilting is becoming a lost art. Had my great-grandmother, or even my grandma, told a friend that she was working on a quilt, it would have been nothing out of the ordinary. They would have discussed the pattern and fabrics in detail and then gone on to chat about how their gardens grow. My grandma Lu is a quilter. Her mother was a quilter... so maybe I've inherited some great quilter genes and just need to practice... Right.

I like it so far. The more I do it, the better I am and the less tedious it seems. It's also exciting to be on the second-to-last step of my quilt, which is much motivation. I also enjoy the fact that it gives me an excuse to sit in the air conditioning in front of the tv....



2. I love my four little garden beds. I think I need one more, though. So far I've frozen zucchini bread, banana bread (not from my produce, of course), green beans, and some shredded zucchini for bread and cake. Yum...


We also picked a few gallons of sour cherries from my parents' tree last weekend. I took two gallons home and ended up with 20 cups of cherries in my freezer... now I just need to be motivated enough to make some pies.


3. My whole house is clean. I don't know why I felt like I had to clean before having a garage sale. I just did. It's nice, though.

4. My "projects" (for #16. make something old/ugly/cheap into something nice) have been on hold this week, since I cleaned the garage on Tuesday for the sale. And I need to go to Ace for some more supplies. But here's a hint from the before pictures:


One of these I am bound and determined to get done this summer. The other might take me years and years... and years. Can you guess which is which?!

5. Someone has driven by our house five times today with a bouncy, noisy trailer. Not that I mind. Just a random fact to share. Sometimes life is more interesting when you have neighbors and traffic.

6. Garage sale tomorrow and Saturday! I'm hoping we sell lots of stuff so I don't have to haul it all to Goodwill. So come visit me and then buy it.... please?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story