While I wait...
Basketball has begun. Yesterday practice was over by 5:30 and Brad was home long before 6, ready to eat. Today, I made supper, anticipating another such day. Alas. I wait still.
Now, you know, I'm sure, that I'm definitely not complaining. I love basketball season. It's just an adjustment. And this year, I think, it will especially be an opportunity for - um - growth (especially in the patience category, for Coach K.). So while I wait...
Blueberry Muffins
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. melted butter
3/4 c. milk
1 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen (I like to buy them when they're on sale in the summer and freeze some)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients; in a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients. (For muffins, it's important to combine the dry and wet ingredients separately to avoid over mixing and therefore tough or chewy muffins.) Fold wet into dry, careful not to over mix. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin tins. Sprinkle tops of muffins with sugar (optional). Bake 20-25 minutes until tops are firm to the touch.
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. melted butter
3/4 c. milk
1 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen (I like to buy them when they're on sale in the summer and freeze some)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients; in a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients. (For muffins, it's important to combine the dry and wet ingredients separately to avoid over mixing and therefore tough or chewy muffins.) Fold wet into dry, careful not to over mix. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin tins. Sprinkle tops of muffins with sugar (optional). Bake 20-25 minutes until tops are firm to the touch.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!