Waiting



This came in the mail today. It's our Christmas present. (I know, we're early.) I could hardly wait for Brad to get home so we could open it.

So instead of sitting at home to wait, I took a little walk.


While on this walk, I had an interesting conversation.

Two little girls played in their driveway. I've seen them before. I think one of them tried to call me mom once. Yeah. Strange.

The younger of the two, who was probably about four years old, called out to me, "What are you doing?!"

"Just walking," I replied, "what are you doing?"

"We're playing a game." The older sister told me. "I say 'Raise your hand if you like pink!' and she raises her hand if she likes pink. And stuff like that."

Seriously?! That's a game? "Sounds like fun!"

I kept walking. But right as I passed their house, I looked back.

The younger girl called out to me (at least, I think it was to me - she was looking right at me...)

"I love you!"

Wow. What do you say?! Is it weird or polite to say it back to a little girl I don't know.

I just kept walking.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story