Yes and No

A list, not of overwhelming proportions, not of things I will force myself to do. A list of pure, summertime fun... energy... excitement... longings... expectations... for when lazy days like today are too much for me to handle.

The wood floors still sit in their boxes. (Maybe this weekend, but if not, then for sure two weeks from this weekend.)

The rug, then, is still in the wrapping. (I'm not trying to display it yet, so no worries!)

The pictures still lie on the floor. (They are mostly at least in the room where they will hang. Today we bought picture hangers for one Brad got at Christmas.)

The hydrangeas have been moved to pots in the shade. (I think they look better already.)

One week later...

Grammar Rock came. I reminisced. It's still in the box, waiting for the day when I break it open and dedicate some real time to contemplating how it will help me teach parts of speech.


Our desk from Bethel has been stripped, sanded, stained, and finished. Eight-ish months later. (The drawers, though, need a nice coating of beeswax before we put them back in so they slide nicely.) The office has been painted. In one day, with one gallon of paint.


The crabgrass is thriving in our backyard. Garden beds still wait. We know how to fix the sprinkler system, and my parents' rototiller is fixed again... so someday, when the heat index is under 105*.

I'm three flipcharts and countless hours in to my online summer class.

We watched Justin play baseball. He stole his way from 1st to home. I think he was walked.

People in Lyndon bought our rejects. Now if only I would stop finding more and more things that we should have rejected two weeks ago.

The grass plugs at my parents' house are in the ground.

Harvest is happening, despite the flat tires. On the "new-to-us" combine. On the header trailer. My dad said, "You know what they say. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."

Determined to find the inner farm girl (who was never realized in my actual farm girl days), I pulled the header home. Around the Grace Hill Rd. curves.Sounds like summer.

Comments

  1. One day at a time, girl. It will all get done - or not - and it will be all right either way ... except for harvest and your class. Those are HAVE TOs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay farm girl!! That's a fun job isn't it? At least you didn't have to do it in the pouring rain ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story