Several Stories
What an exciting title! I know, I just can't help myself. At least I have a little alliteration.
Story one:

Sunday night. High school seniors - scratch that, college freshmen. Our house. If it were just the tp, I'd have no problem. But climbing onto our air conditioner to look in our kitchen window, going around back (through the closed gate) into our fenced backyard onto the deck and looking in the sliding glass door... maybe a little much?! Add that to the fact that they've tried to open our car doors (I'm so small-town that I don't lock the doors when it's in my driveway) and walked into our garage (we also leave the garage door open when we're home)... Maybe a little creepy?! Maybe some boundary issues. I don't know what to think... I do know I never would have done it to my high school coaches. Even the one who wants to be a carnie/carney and would just laugh. I've never seen the thrill in tp'ing.
Story two:

I bought a rug. I've been waiting and waiting to buy it (until we have floors to put it on), but last week it was on sale at Target. And, AAA members can get 10% off at Target.com. Hmm... And, big orders get free shipping, which was a huge plus when I realized that shipping for this rug would be $144, more than I paid for it.
Now look closely at the bag it was shipped in. Just in case you're not catching it, the words on the bag say "REMOVE THIS BAG BEFORE DISPLAYING." Seriously?! I need instructions for that? I've been trying to picture the person who would actually try to roll the rug out onto their floor without removing the bag.
It must be used to ship more than just rugs.
Story three:

Nope, not a hair cut. Just a new style. Maybe. (Excuse the dorky picture; I had to take it myself.) I've always struggled with what to do with my hair. (Feel free to stop reading at this point, as I'm sure that some of you really don't care.) It's not actually curly but not actually straight. It takes work to make it go either way, but I'm still not willing to part with the length - gotta have that ponytail for the really bad days (though I'm thinking about it). In recent years I've gone straight, but I decided that summer would be the perfect time to try something new. So here it is... I got some shampoo and mousse, and even used the diffuser on my dryer for the first time. Not necessarily correctly, but I used it. It looks very different depending on the stage of dry (this is still a little damp). I'm really not sure about this curly thing. Any thoughts?
-Megan
P.S. Thanks for taking the time to read. I hope that sometimes it's worth it. :)
Story one:
Sunday night. High school seniors - scratch that, college freshmen. Our house. If it were just the tp, I'd have no problem. But climbing onto our air conditioner to look in our kitchen window, going around back (through the closed gate) into our fenced backyard onto the deck and looking in the sliding glass door... maybe a little much?! Add that to the fact that they've tried to open our car doors (I'm so small-town that I don't lock the doors when it's in my driveway) and walked into our garage (we also leave the garage door open when we're home)... Maybe a little creepy?! Maybe some boundary issues. I don't know what to think... I do know I never would have done it to my high school coaches. Even the one who wants to be a carnie/carney and would just laugh. I've never seen the thrill in tp'ing.
Story two:
I bought a rug. I've been waiting and waiting to buy it (until we have floors to put it on), but last week it was on sale at Target. And, AAA members can get 10% off at Target.com. Hmm... And, big orders get free shipping, which was a huge plus when I realized that shipping for this rug would be $144, more than I paid for it.
Now look closely at the bag it was shipped in. Just in case you're not catching it, the words on the bag say "REMOVE THIS BAG BEFORE DISPLAYING." Seriously?! I need instructions for that? I've been trying to picture the person who would actually try to roll the rug out onto their floor without removing the bag.
It must be used to ship more than just rugs.
Story three:
Nope, not a hair cut. Just a new style. Maybe. (Excuse the dorky picture; I had to take it myself.) I've always struggled with what to do with my hair. (Feel free to stop reading at this point, as I'm sure that some of you really don't care.) It's not actually curly but not actually straight. It takes work to make it go either way, but I'm still not willing to part with the length - gotta have that ponytail for the really bad days (though I'm thinking about it). In recent years I've gone straight, but I decided that summer would be the perfect time to try something new. So here it is... I got some shampoo and mousse, and even used the diffuser on my dryer for the first time. Not necessarily correctly, but I used it. It looks very different depending on the stage of dry (this is still a little damp). I'm really not sure about this curly thing. Any thoughts?
-Megan
P.S. Thanks for taking the time to read. I hope that sometimes it's worth it. :)
I love reading your blog - partly because it is you of course, and partly because it brings back fond memories of the years I lived in Augusta.
ReplyDeleteNo property damage? Just looking and pretending to feel at home? Some TP? These just mean the kids like you. They used to walk across my roof to try to climb in upstairs windows. The teachers who were not liked were egged, had tires slashed, and property - if not stolen, at least moved around. Try to think of them as untrained, undisciplined 5 year olds in big bodies. Laugh. Lots.
The warnings. The hair. Who knows.
I can sympathize with your hair dilemma. Mine is the same way. Wavy looks good on you. The curl products I like are the gel spray by Fructis and the mousse by Aussie. Can't wait to see the rug on your new floors!
ReplyDelete