Catch the Spirit!
Okay, I'll admit it. Vacation Bible School (VBS) is one of my favorite things... pretty much ever. I'm not sure if I love-loved it when I participated as a kiddo, but I love-love it now. Two summers ago my job was to do VBS (7 times in 5 weeks) around our church conference with 3 other college students and a retired pastor. That was when I really feel in love.

Last year I couldn't help - something about a wedding that week?! So when this spring rolled around, I eagerly anticipated the Sunday when the announcement for VBS helpers would be made. I was definitely volunteering. This past week I got to lead worship for VBS. Our church, Hope Mennonite, puts on a week-long session with three other Mennonite churches in Wichita: Lorraine Avenue, First Church of the Brethern, and Church of the Servant.
The theme was "Catch the Spirit," and we learned all about the Holy Spirit, from how God sent the Holy Spirit to help the disciples start the church up to the gifts the Holy Spirit gives us now.
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
-Megan
re: "the Holy Spirit was portrayed as an ever-present, albeit invisible, being, rather than something mystical and absent. The Holy Spirit (or "H.S. for short") does things - is a helper and teacher and encourager and mover"
ReplyDeleteI love this!