my wish
My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to - your dreams stay big, your worries stay small, you never need to carry more than you can hold. And while you're out there getting where you're getting to, I hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same things, too. Yeah this is my wish. -Rascal Flatts
Lincoln,
I think often of my hopes and dreams and prayers for you. I truly do hope your dreams stay big and your worries stay small. Life would be wonderful if worry never took over. But at the same time, I want you to know that sometimes dreams don't come true and worries do take over. I don't want to sound pessimistic or cynical, but I also don't want you to have an unrealistic, fairy tale picture of what life may be. This, though, doesn't mean that you should temper your dreams. It doesn't mean that you should only set out to do the things you know with certainty that you can accomplish. Sometimes the crazy dreams, the ones that seem unachievable, are the ones that keep you going. And they are, quite often, the ones that change the world.
I do want to tell you that, when dreams don't come true, it's because something better is coming along later. It might be days or weeks or years. Something else is happening or coming, maybe something you don't even know you want until it comes to be. Try to remember that all you want your life to be will evolve as you grow.
I want you to know that there are some moments in life when the worry will seem so, so overwhelming. But these are the times when you realize what in life is worth the worry, and my prayer is that you will choose your worries wisely.
Lincoln, I cannot say what your future holds. I do not know who you will become or where you may find yourself. I do know that every single day of your beautiful life I will love you and pray for you. There is so much more that I could - and someday will - write, but I will end today with this.
Sometimes, you will need to carry more than you can hold. I have been there and tried to do that. When you're in that place, know that your daddy and I will always be there to help you carry whatever it is because we love you more than you can imagine. Always and forever.
Love,
Mommy
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!