Lincoln's room

Lincoln's room is my favorite in the house. Before he came along, it was just a boring brown box with a sewing machine and a twin bed. The only reason it even got painted was because I had lots leftover from the living area.


We chose this room for Lincoln's because we knew it would be easier to move the sewing room than to move the office.

So without further ado... Lincoln's room


We chose the colors before we knew we were having a boy. I wanted something pretty much gender-neutral so it can be used for any future babies as well. The wall color is the most true gray we could find, and that took a while (we were trying to paint our master gray and ended up with more blue). Barb painted for us. My mom and I made the curtains and the crib skirt. She made the quilt. Brad sanded and painted the dresser and replaced the knobs; it was mine when I was little and my dad's and my great-grandma's. 

The cross stitch baby shoes were made by one of Brad's co-workers. The footprints are a copy of his from the hospital. I did all the other prints with Photoshop Elements.

We made the bookshelves. They might be my favorite thing because of that. Many, many people have asked me how I'm going to organize Lincoln's books. Here's the shocking truth: I'm not. I think there's something incredibly charming about a kid's bookshelves, books of all different shapes and sizes and colors leaning against each other. Plus I know it'll be a while before he understands alphabetical order and can put them back where they belong. ;) But really, I like them the way they are. Just because as a child I had my fiction organized by author's last name doesn't mean Lincoln has to do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story