check, check, check
I've been checking off a few things in the past few days.
I'm not sure why we've had this table in our garage for the last three years, but with our deck overhaul, I decided it was time to put it to use.
I was going to just paint it white, but it wasn't covering very well, so I pulled out leftover paint from our hall bathroom. It will tie in perfectly with the fabric I picked out for the patio furniture cushions.
I even got out some sandpaper and distressed it a little.
I pulled this old organ stool off the farm. I've been working on it for three summers. I had finally given up hope and decided to give it a coat of stain, paint over it, and distress it a little bit.
Once I let it dry, though, the extra dark stain looked pretty good, so I decided to leave it at that. I'm not sure what to do with a random organ stool, but it looks pretty...
The feet are still a little rusty, but I'm calling this one done.
We also finished the deck this week, I'll share pictures of that later this week...
I was going to just paint it white, but it wasn't covering very well, so I pulled out leftover paint from our hall bathroom. It will tie in perfectly with the fabric I picked out for the patio furniture cushions.
I even got out some sandpaper and distressed it a little.
Once I let it dry, though, the extra dark stain looked pretty good, so I decided to leave it at that. I'm not sure what to do with a random organ stool, but it looks pretty...
The feet are still a little rusty, but I'm calling this one done.
We also finished the deck this week, I'll share pictures of that later this week...
I love your DIY projects!
ReplyDeletethis comment is actually in response to your previous post--am I crazy. I appreciate how you were able to put those concerns into articulate words. I too have those same questions and concerns, plus a number more.
ReplyDeleteI do see myself as a spiritual person, and I don't throw out my sense of Christianity, because of these kinds of issues.
A book called "Yearnings Embracing the sacred messiness of Life" by Irwin Kula, a Jewish rabbi, to be helpful in gaining perspective.
Thanks for sharing parts of your life. I so appreciate it.