reuse + craftiness
I've wanted to do this project for a long time. But, I wasn't sure if it was an okay thing to do. I mean, cut up a book and glue it into a wreath?! It was one of the first things I "pinned," and I finally decided to just go for it. I had an old piano book that I never play out of (I tore out the few songs I wanted to keep). And I cut and rolled and glued. Here's the result...
It didn't turn out exactly as I hoped (I have a little problem with some OCD/perfectionistic tendencies, so.... I just wish the middle would be more round - can't quite figure out how to get it that way), but I really like it. I'm glad I reused that old music book and cheap frame. (It's even worth the hot glue gun blister.)
It didn't turn out exactly as I hoped (I have a little problem with some OCD/perfectionistic tendencies, so.... I just wish the middle would be more round - can't quite figure out how to get it that way), but I really like it. I'm glad I reused that old music book and cheap frame. (It's even worth the hot glue gun blister.)
Maybe find a jar or bucket, something round to keep the inner side flush with to keep it rounder - a point of reference for when you are putting it together.
ReplyDeleteLove that idea, Katy! If I make another, I will definitely do that.
ReplyDeleteI like the wreath! great way to reuse! Perhaps a decorative ribbon looping around the center would quiet your OCD "it's not a perfect circle" anxiety. It would also add a little color.
ReplyDelete