Summer Reading Update 2
My second summer reading update - just as thrilling as the first. I'm now finished with the list of William Allen White nominees. In fact, my list of books to read is getting pretty darn short.
Couldn't put it down
Nickel and Dimed by Ehrenreich (surprisingly, since it is nonfiction...)
The Rest of her Life by Moriarty (thanks to sister Hannah for this suggestion - great book by a KS author)
The Stormchasers by Blum
Diamonds in the Shadow by Cooney
Shine by Myracle
All the Broken Pieces by Burg (WAW)
The Great Death by Smelcer (WAW)
Return to Sender by Alvarez (WAW)
The Amaranth Enchantment by Berry (WAW) (cute ending)
Sing You Home by Picoult
Double Eagle by Collard (WAW)
Heart of a Shepherd by Parry (WAW)
The Center of Everything by Moriarty
Very good reads
Faith, Hope, & Ivy June by Naylor (WAW)
Anything But Typical by Baskin (WAW)
Operation Yes by Holmes (WAW)
My Name is Phillis Wheatley by Cooper (WAW)
Notes from the Dog by Paulsen (WAW)
Wild Things by Carmichael (WAW) (I wasn't too into the chapters from the cat's PoV, but other than that it was great.)
Scat by Hiaasen (WAW)
Was okay
Phoenix Rising by Hesse
Confetti Girl by Lopez (WAW)
Years of Dust by Marrin (WAW) (not bad - nonfiction)
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Philbrick (WAW) (better than I thought it would be!)
Should have abandoned it
Peace Like a River by Enger
Did abandon it
n/a... yet
Yet to read (in no particular order):
Perfect Match by Picoult? (I'm not sure if I've read this one or not)
1984 by Orwell
If I Stay by Forman
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Stewart
anything by Shusterman
*WAW = William Allen White award nominees for 2011-2012
Couldn't put it down
Nickel and Dimed by Ehrenreich (surprisingly, since it is nonfiction...)
The Rest of her Life by Moriarty (thanks to sister Hannah for this suggestion - great book by a KS author)
The Stormchasers by Blum
Diamonds in the Shadow by Cooney
Shine by Myracle
All the Broken Pieces by Burg (WAW)
The Great Death by Smelcer (WAW)
Return to Sender by Alvarez (WAW)
The Amaranth Enchantment by Berry (WAW) (cute ending)
Sing You Home by Picoult
Double Eagle by Collard (WAW)
Heart of a Shepherd by Parry (WAW)
The Center of Everything by Moriarty
Very good reads
Faith, Hope, & Ivy June by Naylor (WAW)
Anything But Typical by Baskin (WAW)
Operation Yes by Holmes (WAW)
My Name is Phillis Wheatley by Cooper (WAW)
Notes from the Dog by Paulsen (WAW)
Wild Things by Carmichael (WAW) (I wasn't too into the chapters from the cat's PoV, but other than that it was great.)
Scat by Hiaasen (WAW)
Was okay
Phoenix Rising by Hesse
Confetti Girl by Lopez (WAW)
Years of Dust by Marrin (WAW) (not bad - nonfiction)
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Philbrick (WAW) (better than I thought it would be!)
Should have abandoned it
Peace Like a River by Enger
Did abandon it
n/a... yet
Yet to read (in no particular order):
Perfect Match by Picoult? (I'm not sure if I've read this one or not)
1984 by Orwell
If I Stay by Forman
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Stewart
anything by Shusterman
*WAW = William Allen White award nominees for 2011-2012
I love reading lists! Thank you for sharing. I had a lot of trouble with "Peace Like a River" too. Keep reading!
ReplyDeleteI loved Scat...I read it with my third graders and they ate it up. You'll enjoy The Mysterious Benedict Society...great characters. I believe there are 3 in the series. Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteGreat list! After you read If I Stay you need to read Where She Went. One of my favorite Shusterman books is Unwind.
ReplyDeleteOoh! I am glad I found you! I am going to "share" your list, if you don't mind! :) I was excited to see that a few I am looking forward to are on your "Couldn't Put It Down" list! Yay!
ReplyDelete